Crash rider banned for impaired driving
A man who crashed his motorcycle was more than double the legal alcohol limit, Magistrates’ Court heard yesterday.
Barak Bremar, 27, pleaded guilty to driving while over the legal limit.
The court heard police were called to a single-vehicle collision on Berry Hill Road, Paget on June 26.
Officers found Bremar at the scene of his crashed motorcycle and followed him as an ambulance took him to the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Police spoke with Bremar at the hospital, who admitted he had been drinking before he drove his bike.
Officers took a sample of blood for analysis, which showed that Bremar had 171 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The legal limit is 80mg/100ml.
Magistrate Craig Attridge fined Bremar, from Sandys, $1,000 and banned him from driving for 18 months.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service