Crockwell stars in rain-hit affair
Wellington Oval (Cleveland won toss): St David's beat Cleveland by 75 runs.
It was a good toss to win in a rain-hit match but the decision to send St David's into bat backfired on Cleveland as the defending champions scored 211 for two.
In a match reduced to 30 overs a side, Fiqre Crockwell and Shea Pitcher put on 74 for the first wicket before a stand of 106 between Crockwell and captain OJ Pitcher continued to pile on the runs.
Crockwell was top scorer with 96 while OJ Pitcher finished on 53 not out.
Cleveland replied with 136 for six from 30 overs, with Jason Anderson top scoring with 35 and Adrian Burrows adding 22.
Pitcher took four for 14 to lead the St David's bowling while Crockwell had two for 11.
In the First Division, St George's beat Devonshire Recreation Club by four wickets at Devonshire Rec as Western Stars moved into top spot with victory by the same margin over Somerset Bridge at St John's Field.
Devonshire Rec, who had topped the division, were dismissed for 151 in 34.4 overs as Lamar Caines scored 37 and Chris Douglas 30.
St George's reached 152 for six in reply as Christian Burgess top scored with 55.
Stars dismissed Bridge for 146 and then scored 147 for six in reply as Justin Robinson scored 46 not out and opener Temiko Wilson 32.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service