Video: Sussex bat again after taking 92-run first-innings lead against Lancashire
Sussex have the upper hand at the halfway stage of their LV= Insurance County Championship group three match against Lancashire at the 1st Central County Ground in Hove.
Lancashire were dismissed quickly this morning for 230, adding only 37 runs to their overnight 193 for six in reply to Sussex’s first-innings 328.
The visitors had a good start, posting 38 for loss at lunch before openers Keaton Jennings (60) and Alex Davies (34) put on 93 for the first wicket in 122 minutes. Jennings faced 151 balls and hit five fours.
Jennings and Luke Wells, at No 3, added a further 44 runs for the second wicket before the former departed on 137. When Wells was dismissed for 28 eight runs later, it signalled a mini-collapse for Lancashire, who slumped to 162 for six. However, a 75-minute, unbroken stand of 31 for the seventh wicket between Josh Bohannon and Danny Lamb carried them to the close.
Bohannon was the first to go this morning for 37, which spirited a loss of four wickets for 25 runs, including Lamb for 27.
Off spinner Jack Carson was the most successful of the seven bowlers used by Sussex, taking four for 51, while medium pacer Stuart Meaker claimed three for 22.
Delray Rawlins, the last bowler used yesterday, had a tidy spell of six overs for 11 runs.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service