Fourth suspect arrested over armed robbery
A 59-year-old man was arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a Hamilton business last week, police confirmed today.
Superintendent Nicholas Pedro said the suspect was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen property after police searched a Pembroke residence last night.
Mr Pedro added: “We're looking at items we recovered from the residence.”
It comes after the robbery at Gold Standard in the Washington Mall at about 9.30am on January 29. Police had previously announced that three men, aged between 19 and 24 years old, had been taken into custody from a Warwick residence in connection with the robbery.
Mr Pedro said: “They've been bailed while the officers are continuing the investigation.
“There's a lot of moving parts in relation to that.”
He added: “If you've been offered any suspicious jewellery or if you've seen any unusual jewellery, we'd like to hear from you.”
• Anyone with information should contact the Serious Crime Unit on 247-1739, Detective Inspector Kenten Trott on 717-2345 or by e-mail, email@example.com. Witnesses can also call the main police number on 295-0011. Anonymous tips can be sent through the independent and confidential Crime Stoppers hotline 800-8477 or via www.crimestoppers.bm