Suspects in Swann murder granted bail
Two suspects detained by police in connection with the murder of 25-year-old Danshun Swann were released on bail on Thursday night, according to a police spokesman.
Mr Swann was fatally stabbed in the early hours of last Monday after a brawl among a group of men broke out outside Southampton Rangers Sports Club.
Two men, aged 24 and 25, were arrested last Tuesday and granted police bail “pending further inquiries”, the spokesman said.
He added: “Detectives are aware that there were several individuals in the area of Southampton Rangers Sports Club when the fatal stabbing took place and continue to appeal for those persons to come forward, if they have not done so already.
“Witnesses and members of the public with any relevant information are still encouraged to call the investigating officers, Acting Detective Chief Inspector Arthur Glasford at 717-0773 or Acting Detective Inspector Jason Smith on 717-0864.”
Anyone with information can also contact the Serious Crime Unit, at 247-1739, or the independent and confidential Crime Stoppers hotline 800-8477.
• On occasion The Royal Gazette may decide to not allow comments on a story that we deem might inflame sensitivities. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service