Arrest made in Palmetto Road hit and run
A suspect has been arrested in connection with a hit and run that left a 31-year-old woman with serious injuries.
A police spokesman thanked the public for their help locating the suspect in the collision, which happened at the junction of Bishop Spencer Road and Palmetto Road on Sunday night.
The spokesman added: “We wish to thank those who provided information as the investigation into that incident was carried out.”
Police said they received several calls at about 9.30pm on Sunday about a woman who was found in the road at the intersection near a motorcycle.
The woman was reportedly conscious but unable to stand.
The spokesman said: “Police and EMS personnel were dispatched to the scene and on arrival discovered the woman had sustained facial, neck and back injuries and was going in and out of consciousness.”
The injuries are considered serious, but not life threatening.
It was believed the victim was riding a black Yamaha Mio west along Palmetto Road when she was struck by a silver Suzuki Swift motor car as it attempted to turn right onto Palmetto Road.
The driver was said to have pulled into a bus lay-by east of the Palmetto Road junction and briefly got out of the car before they left the scene.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service