Police thank public for peaceful Easter weekend
No major incidents were reported at Easter celebrations over the weekend, the Commissioner of Police said this afternoon.
Darrin Simons also thanked community clubs for working with officers.
He said: “In keeping with the Easter holiday, observed this past weekend, there were several celebratory events put on across the island.
“We are happy to report there were no major incidents reported at any of these events.
“Our officers attended several of these functions and engaged with members of the community, many of whom expressed their support and encouragement for our efforts.”
Mr Simons added: “The Bermuda Police Service would like to take this opportunity to thank the community and particularly the various community clubs and sports clubs, which organised these very well attended social gatherings and worked with us, to ensure they all took place in true Bermuda fashion.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service