Motorcycle reported to be recovered after brazen theft
A scooter retailer is understood to have recovered a vehicle taken from its premises after posting footage online of what is alleged to be a purported customer on the verge of a brazen daylight theft.
According to the Facebook post by Scooter Mart, the man entered the premises shortly before 10am on Friday and “after spending 40 minutes talking with our staff, stole a brand new 2023 Aprilia ST GT motorcycle”.
According to the store’s website, the vehicle sells for $5,895.
Staff contacted this morning by The Royal Gazette declined to elaborate on the matter – but the vehicle was believed to have been tracked down by yesterday.
The retailer’s online post said “multiple videos and photos from many different angles“ caught images of the man alleged to have taken the vehicle.
But the store appealed for the community’s help in identifying him.
It was unclear from the post whether police had been notified. The Gazette has put in a request for confirmation with police.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service