Man injured after being in collision with scrambler rider
A male sustained a severe leg injury in a two-vehicle collision near Scaur Hill, Sandys on Saturday night.
The man, who was knocked from his vehicle by an off road scrambler shortly after 9pm, is being treated for his injuries at King Edward VII Memorial Hospital.
A spokeswoman for the Bermuda Police Service said: “Early information suggests a male motorcyclist was travelling east on Scaur Hill, when he was struck by a male on an off-road scrambler which was travelling in the opposite direction, at a high rate of speed. Shortly after the collision the male riding the scrambler fled the scene.
“The motorcycle rider was conveyed to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, with what was described as a severe leg injury. It is not known if the other male was injured.
“Traffic heading east is being diverted over Fort Scaur and westbound traffic is being diverted through the railway trail at the entrance to Lantana.”
Police are appealing to any witnesses of the collision or who may have seen an off-road scrambler in the area around the time of the collision to contact PC Rajiv Bailey on 211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service