Mayho claims win at Southside
Dominique Mayho started off the 2013 IBC Criterium Series with a win on Sunday at Southside.
In a five person break away in the Adult ‘A’ class consisting of Mayho, Shannon Lawrence, Mark Hatherly, Adam Harbutt, and John Vivier, it would be Mayho who would take line honours and maximum points on opening day.
Lawrence and Mayho stretched their lead over the field in the final laps to 30 seconds, with Mayho holding off Lawrence to grab the win.
In Adult B, a final bunch sprint saw Anthony Smith taking the win, with the top thirteen riders crossing the line within seven seconds of each other.
McQuinn Burch won the Adult ‘B’ division at the line with Ian Henderson, and John Thompson finishing a very close second and third.
Belinda Castree took the women's category over April Galda-Joyce, Andrea Proctor in a strong women's field, while Matthew Oliviera, Alyssa Rowse, and Eusebio King-Mills won the Junior A, B and C categories respectively.
The 2013 BBA road race series opens this weekend with a road course starting at Dockyard.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service