BHS exam results
The Bermuda High School for Girls today announced its GCSE/IGCSE results for the academic year 2017—18.
87 per cent of all GCSE/IGCSE grades received by BHS students this year were A*-C. Top scorer, Katie Grainge, earned 11A* grades — an outstanding achievement! The percentage of A* and A grades earned by BHS girls was 40 per cent, well above the 23 per cent achieved by girls in the UK (Joint Council for Qualifications, 2018). This highlights the value of a BHS education with teachers who have in—depth experience educating girls. The majority of our students sat 9 to 11 GCSE/IGCSE examinations.
Other top students were as follows:
Erin Jones — 7A*, 3A, 1B
Natalie Calderon — 6A*, 4A (including a Level 9 in Drama)
Sierra Pacheco — 6A*, 3A, 1B
Gabriella Botelho — 5A*, 4A, 1B (including a Level 9 in Visual Arts)
Maya Crockwell — 4A*, 3A, 1B
Jaiden Herbert — 3A*, 5A, 2B
Emma Knights — 2A*, 6A, 2B
Alexandra Quinn-Sirera — 2A*, 2A, 6B, 1C
Iannah Caines — 2A*, 2A, 6B
Allison Dennis — 1A*, 5A, 2B, 1C
Tamia Burgess — 1A*, 3A, 5B, 1C (including a Level 8 in Visual Arts)
Saxon Davis — 8A, 3B
Cerra Simmons — 8A, 2B
Ashlyn Lee — 6A, 4B, 1C
Nadhiri Simons—Worrell — 5A, 5B, 1C
Cree Dunn — 5A, 5B
Taylor Hines — 5A, 4B
The Head of School, Linda Parker, commented, “I am very proud of these excellent results, and particularly the high percentage of A* and A grades. All of our Year 11 students have balanced their rigorous workload with various extracurricular activities, and we are proud of their hard work, commitment and determination to succeed. Appreciation is extended to our dedicated teachers who have encouraged, guided and challenged the students to reach their potential.”
• Press released from the Bermuda High School for Girls
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service