New playground at Warwick Academy
Warwick Academy has officially opened its new playground.
A spokeswoman for the school said: “Last year we embarked on an ambitious project to replace our ageing playground with something bigger and most importantly something which offered a range of physical challenges for our students.
“With a larger primary school and with a greater need to challenge our students with outdoor play.
“We believe that it forms more than just a something to keep our students busy with but rather a part of our programme offering the opportunity for students to develop coordination, upper body strength, team work, judgment decisions and risk taking.
“It also allowed for a real community effort in the fundraising from our very generous large donors to many small and creative way.
“The little ones who emptied their piggy banks, golden envelopes in a mailbox for coins, May 24 sponsored runners, a primary ‘day of play', our Blue Nose day, matching donations from companies, everyone who bought mixed bags & Yankee candles, played bingo, tested their knowledge at quiz night, sold and bought raffle tickets and so on … every little bit helps … and it is the WA way after all.
• Press release from Warwick Academy
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service