School’s first IB class graduates next week
The first International Baccalaureate class at a private school yesterday prepared themselves for their high school graduation.
The total of 12 Somersfield Academy pupils – some of whom had been at the Devonshire school since they were aged three – collected their caps and gowns for the groundbreaking graduation next Friday.
Somersfield Academy, which used to educate children up to age 16, announced in 2019 that they would offer the IB diploma programme and take children up to age 18.
A spokeswoman for the school said that the graduation of the Class of 2021 coincided with the school’s 30th anniversary.
She added: “For our founding families, we can think of no better way to celebrate their collective efforts to establish a diverse school community founded in the Montessori approach than today, with our 12 trailblazing IB diploma graduates – almost half of whom have known no other school than Somersfield Academy.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service