Impact Mentoring Academy accepting applications
The Impact Mentoring Academy is accepting applications for the upcoming academic year.
The academy offers an alternative to mainstream education with a mission to challenge young men to discover and develop their potential.
It aims to empower its students to complete their senior school education and achieve either college placement or employment through a holistic approach.
Timothy Jackson, Impact’s executive director, said: “We believe that every young man has the potential for greatness. To us, that means the boy is the solution, not the problem, and we have the unique privilege and awesome responsibility of unlocking that potential through a transformational educational experience.”
Dr Jackson added: “The conventional educational approach, combined with the disintegration of home, societal values, and challenging socio-economic conditions, creates an almost insurmountable challenge for our young men.
“IMA is working toward systemic change for a sustainable Bermuda. Helping this demographic is an integral part of our vision.”
Impact’s programme includes overnight stays on Spirit of Bermuda, a rites of passage adventure week, an annual spoken word night, and local and overseas service projects.
It also offers an Industry and Technical Trades Programme designed to expose students to the world of physical labour, technical knowledge, and technological opportunities available locally and abroad.
To learn more about Impact, visit its website, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 747-4621.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service