Basking sharks to be focus of BUEI event for young people
Children will have the opportunity to learn about one of the planet’s biggest sharks this weekend.
The next Kids Hour Saturday event, on February 19 at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute, will feature short films and a children’s book about basking sharks and their relationships with other ocean animals.
A BUEI spokeswoman said: “We expect all to be inspired by the world’s second-largest fish and how they interact harmoniously with other marine life.”
The event, which will be held at 11am and 2pm, is free for BUEI members and all caregivers and $4 for children of non-members.
The price of admission includes entry into the BUEI’s Discovery Centre and caregivers are required to stay at the event with their children.
People can call the institute’s gift shop at 294 0204 to reserve a spot for Saturday, as spaces will be limited.
Each Kids Hour Saturday series, held on the third Saturday of every month, focuses on a different ocean creature and dolphins will be highlighted in March.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service