Charity offers $10,000 education scholarship
A charity that supports the island’s LGBTQ+ community is offering a $10,000 scholarship to help to fund a student’s education.
Jameka Smith, an OutBermuda board member, said the bursary, which is offered annually to a single student, reflected the charity’s mission to support members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Ms Smith said: “In keeping with OutBermuda's focus on empowerment and community building, we acknowledge and celebrate those in our community who may wish to further their studies.
“We want to support them. Our ability to create equity is fundamental to who we are as a charity.
“This bursary reflects our mission to assist members of Bermuda’s LGBTQ+ community with financial support towards reaching their potential for success in their chosen career.”
Eligible applicants should be attending either the Bermuda College or an accredited international institution.
Application information and details can be found on OutBermuda’s website here, and at the Bermuda Scholarships website here.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service