BUEI to show Oscar-nominated films
Two Academy Award-nominated films are set to screen at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute in the coming weeks.
The Whale, which has been nominated for a number of awards including Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor, will be shown on Saturday as part of the Films at BUEI series.
The film, based on the play of the same name by Samuel D. Hunter, follows Charlie, a reclusive English teacher played by Brendan Fraser, as he attempts to reconnect with his estranged daughter.
A BUEI spokeswoman said: “The Whale is the second film in the recently launched Films at BUEI series which screens a new film at 7pm every second and fourth Saturday of the month in our Tradewinds Auditorium.
“Films selected for screening are intended for mature audiences and include a ticket option package featuring a beverage such as wine, beer or a non-alcoholic drink and a snack pack to enjoy during the film.”
The series will continue next month with Everything Everywhere All At Once, which has been nominated for several Academy Awards including Best Picture of the Year, Best Original Screenplay and Best Actress for star Michelle Yeoh.
Tickets for the films cost $15 for general admission and $25 for a package with a drink and a snack.
Visit buei.bm for more information, or ptix.bm to purchase tickets.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service