Convex End-to-End getting greener and greener
This year’s island-wide charity walk will see a reduced affect on the environment after years of eco-friendly approaches.
The Convex End-to-End, taking place this Saturday, is using giveaway bags made form canvas instead of plastic and has encouraged attendees to bring their own reusable water bottles.
Organisers also cut down on paper usage by using an online registration system, as well as QR codes and a digital route map.
Anne Mello, the board chairwoman for the End-to-End, said: “We are always looking for ways to improve the sustainability of the End-to-End.
“In 2008, we were Bermuda’s first bring your own bottle event, and with Convex now on board as title sponsor we have been able to take our efforts even further.
“We also enjoy working with Keep Bermuda Beautiful every year to reduce any event waste, prevent litter, and overall minimise our impact on the environment.”
Traci Burgess, KBB’s executive director, said that the End-to-End’s approach to minimising waste was important to protect the Railway Trail, where most of the walk takes place, and what Ms Burgess called “Bermuda’s longest national park”.
She added: "Over the past couple months, KBB has collaborated with several organisations to increase our clean-up efforts and implement a number of landscaping projects on the trail, making it even cleaner and easier to access for all, especially those participating in this year's Convex End-To-End.
"KBB reminds the public and event participants to please be mindful. When using the railway trail and other public spaces, please dispose of your waste in the appropriate trash and recycling bins provided or take it with you for disposal at home.
“We thank everyone for your contributions to keeping Bermuda beautiful and wish all of the 2023 Convex End-To-End participants and supporters a happy and healthy experience.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service