Hotel donates to women’s charity
A charity dedicated to the welfare of women got a $3,500 cash boost from the Hamilton Princess and Beach Club this week.
The Women’s Resource Centre were given the cash after the hotel raised funds during Women’s Month in March.
The hotel raised $1,750 with events such as a casual dress day, and Women’s Month brunches, with a menu crafted by Teneika Eve, a senior culinary lecturer at the Bermuda College.
The funds were matched by the hotel’s owners.
Elaine Butterfield, the WRC’s outgoing executive director, thanked the hotel for its support.
She said the charity’s mission was to be “the leading resource and voice for women in Bermuda and to make the island a community free of inequality and sexism, where women are emotionally and physically healthy, safe, confident and able to realise their potential”.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service