Clubs set to benefit from support of local bar
Two local sports clubs are set to get a financial boost thanks to the Clubhouse 25 Bar and Lounge.
The concession, located at the Ocean View Golf Course, has committed to supporting the Wolves Football Club and Flatts Victoria Cricket Club by adding a cover charge one night a month, with the funds raised going to the clubs.
A spokesman for Clubhouse 25 said they wanted to find a way to give back to the community and support the clubs nearby.
He said: “It’s our way of reaching out to the community, letting them be a part of us and letting them know that we are with them.
“We are all fans of Wolves and Flatts. Geography did play a part in why we selected them, but it was also the fact that these particular clubs don’t really have a physical location.
“Flatts has a field and the Wolves play at Elliot, but they don’t really have physical sites. This is a way of letting them know that they now have a home.”
He said the clubs were excited to receive the support, adding: “It has been wild – it really put a whole new energy out into the community.
“It gives everyone a place to belong and their members somewhere to call home.”
The spokesman said that through the partnership, Clubhouse 25 will put in place a cover charge every fourth Friday, with the proceeds split 50/50 between the two clubs.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service