Firefighters called after smoke spotted coming from a grate
Firefighters rushed to the Walker Arcade in Hamilton yesterday morning in response to reports of smoke coming from the building.
A spokesman for the service said that when officers arrived at the Reid Street side of the property, they did not find a fire but saw smoke coming out of a grate.
It appeared that an electrical conduit had come into contact with water, which had caused electrical arcing and smoke.
The problem was quickly addressed.