Log In

Reset Password

Firefighters tackle mattress blaze

Firefighters tackle a blaze at a house in Devonshire today (File photograph)

Firefighters today extinguished a fire at a house caused by a burning mattress.

A spokesman for the Bermuda Fire Service said: “Upon arrival fire crews saw a two story structure with smoke issuing from a window on the second storey.

“Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the structure through the front door, made their way to the second story and found mattress on fire. They quickly extinguished the flames.”

The incident happened at a house on Cedar Avenue, Devonshire, at about 4pm.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was under investigation.

You must be Registered or to post comment or to vote.

Published February 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm (Updated February 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm)

Firefighters tackle mattress blaze

What you
Need to
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon