Weekend road death victims named
Police have named a man and a woman who died after separate road crashes at the weekend.
Wayne Augustus, 51, lost his life after a single-vehicle motorcycle crash in Southampton in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Hannah Jimenez-Flood, 42, was seriously injured in a single-vehicle car crash in Sandys on Friday night and later died.
A police spokesman said Mr Augustus died after his motorbike crashed on South Road, Southampton near Church Bay at about 3.15am last Saturday.
He added: “Despite life-saving efforts at the scene, which continued as he was rushed to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance, Mr Augustus later succumbed to his injuries.”
The spokesman said that Ms Jimenez-Flood was involved in a crash on Beacon Hill Road, Sandys at about 10.35pm last Friday.
He added she was rushed to hospital, but was later pronounced dead by doctors.
The news brought the death toll on the roads so far this year to three.
Pc Garwin Phillips is investigating Mr Augustus’s death and anyone with information should call 211 or 295-0011, or e-mail email@example.com.
Pc Denise Taylor is investigating Ms Jiminez-Flood’s death and anyone with information should also call 211 or 295-0011.
Pc Taylor can also be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The police spokesman said that the BPS offered their condolences to the family and friends of Ms Jimenez-Flood and Mr Augustus, and that family liaison officers had been appointed to support both families.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service