Pet food sales help raise money for animal charity
A food distribution company has donated a percentage of its pet food sales to an animal shelter.
As part of the initiative, called the “Pawsitively Purrfect” campaign, Butterfield & Vallis takes a portion of the funds made through purchases of JM Smucker pet food and snack products and donates them to the SPCA.
And this week a cheque for $2,850 was presented to the animal charity.
A representative of Butterfield & Vallis said: “These funds will help the SPCA to encourage and promote kindness to animals, to provide effective, lawful means for the prevention of cruelty to animals and to promote the education for the general public on care and wellbeing of all animals.”
The representative added that funds raised during the campaign, which will continue for the rest of the year, will also go to helping the SPCA provide emergency care to injured animals.
“The management and staff of both JM Smucker and Butterfield & Vallis would like to thank everyone for purchasing JM Smucker pet food and pet snacks and in turn supporting the SPCA,” the spokesman said.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service