Running of the Bulls
It is not unusual for a Royal Gazette photographer to find themselves in peculiar positions to capture an image, but yesterday Blaire Simmons met his match, as he came face-to-face with an overzealous steer on the farmland in Somerset.
“I was riding through West Side Road and spotted what looked to be a flock of sheep scattering off into the distance,” Blaire said. “I was curious to see if there had been some newborns in the group. In a rush to find a good position to capture the herd, I found myself standing in the middle of a pasture which gave me a perfect vantage point to photograph the foal.
“Just as I reached into my camera bag to set up, I heard a gallop that was gaining in volume. I looked over my shoulder and there he was. I will never forget the day I was nearly trampled by No 22!”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service