WindReach benefits from food sales
A leading wholesaler and a global food business joined forces to donate more than $3,000 to the animal therapy charity WindReach.
Butterfield & Vallis and Kraft Heinz presented the cheque this week after three months of collecting funds.
The donation was part of their KraftHeinz Cares initiative, which aims to raise money for charities throughout the year.
A spokeswoman for Butterfield & Vallis said that the companies had collected cash through sales of Heinz products from stores across the island.
A percentage of profits from all KraftHeinz products sold between last November and January this year was set aside after each sale, which totalled $3,684.50.
The Butterfield spokeswoman said KraftHeinz Cares would offer proceeds raised between February and April to the Bermuda Sloop Foundation, while cash raised from sales between May and July would go to the MS Society.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service