Motorcycle rider sustains head and facial injuries in crash
A woman suffered head injuries in a two-vehicle crash in Devonshire on Saturday, police said.
The incident, involving a car and a motorbike, happened at about 2.30pm when officers and other emergency services were called to the junction of Palmetto Road and Parson’s Lane.
A Bermuda Police Service spokesman said: “It was reported that the female motorcycle rider was travelling west along Palmetto Road when she collided with the motor car, which was exiting Parson’s Lane making a right-hand turn, east on to Palmetto Road.
“The motorcycle rider sustained head and facial injuries, but remained conscious and alert while being attended to at the scene by EMTs.
“She was subsequently transported by ambulance to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital.
“The motorcycle was extensively damaged while the motor car was left with damage to the right rear.”
He added that the woman driving the car and her two passengers were not believed to be hurt.
Traffic diversions were in place while the scene was processed.
Witnesses or anyone with information about the incident were asked to contact Constable Taye Lambe on 515-2565 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service