Impressive young Storm side beat St George’s
A young Storm side were in awesome form on Monday night in the Netball Association Senior League.
An inexperienced squad featuring just three senior players and which included six under-17 netballers and two girls eligible to play for the under-14 team, produced a superb performance to beat St George’s 48-26
Leading the charge for Storm were forwards Amayah Smith-Burt and Anisa Seon, who scored 25 and 23 points respectively. Druw Bascome netted 14 times for St George’s with Kristin Holman scoring 11 and Hailey Smith one.
Storm’s most valuable player Smith-Burt, their top attacker Amara Richards and best defender Deontae Scott were all aged 17 or under.
The award for St George’s MVP was given to Tina Wall, with Kiaras Rogers named best attacker and Stacy O’Brien named best of the defenders.
The games come thick and fast in the next few days with week two of the Junior League Who's Who Tournament being held at Whitney Institute Netball Courts on Saturday.
Games at under-11, under-14 and under-17 divisions will start at 12pm and run through to the final matches at 4pm.
Senior League matches also continue at CedarBridge Academy on Saturday with the game between Docksiders and Phoenix taking place at 5.45pm and Lindo’s Tigers taking on in-form Storm at 7.15pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service