Somersfield Academy dominates schools badminton final
Somersfield Academy picked up an impressive medal haul at the Bermuda School Sports Federation Middle School Girls Badminton Finals on Tuesday.
Somersfield produced all four semi-finalists in the over-13 division with Dezirae Darrell defeating Paige Lindo 11-4 to win the final.
Darell had earlier defeated Zoe Mir 11-2 in the semi-final, while Lindo overcame Emma Halesby the same score in the other semi. Mir went on to defeat Hales 11-3 in the third-place match.
Mir and Lindo teamed up to win the doubles final with an impressive 11-2 victory over Darrell and Hales.
Mir and Lindo defeated the Warwick Academy pair of Jada-Lai Gibbons and Nia Mullings 11-3 in their semi-final, while Darrell and Hales defeated Khloie Davis and Evelyn Czember from Saltus 11-4. Gibbons and Mullins defeated Czember and Davis 11-7 to finish third.
It was also an all-Somersfield final in the under-13 division with Cora DeSilva defeating Leilani Carpol 11-3 in the final.
Carpol defeated Alexis Sousa, from Mount Saint Agnes, 11-4 in the semi finals while DeSilva overcame Warwick's Nila Samuels in the other semi-final. Samuels went on to beat Sousa 11-6 in the third-place match.
Carpol teamed up with Sienna Harper to win the doubles final 11-8 over DeSilva and Lola Reape.
The champions defeated Samuels and Anna Friston, from Warwick Academy, in the semi-finals, while Reape and DeSilva defeated the MSA pair of Sousa and Semaj Basden-Scott 11-5.
The Warwick pair defeated the MSA duo 11-6 to confirm third spot.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service