Campbell wins Under-14 IJGT title
Walker Campbell edged out Kevin Ying to win the Under 14 International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) at Oyster Reef Golf Club.
The two-day, 36-hole event tournament in South Carolina saw the Bermudian fire back-to-back rounds of 80 to edge Hank Haney IJGA student Ying of Shanghai, China by seven strokes.
Campbell came out strong with a three over-par 39 on the front nine during the final round, before carding a single birdie for the day on hole seven.
Campbell struggled a bit on the back nine, but carded a second eight-over-par 80 for a tournament total of 160. This was a breakthrough victory for Campbell after competing in several tournaments during the 2012-2013 season.
"It feels great to get my first IJGT victory," Campbell said.
The IJGT offers close to 60 two-and three-day events throughout the US each year for ages nine to 19.
IJGT members represent 45 US states and 43 countries and alumni including Webb Simpson, Rickie Fowler, Hunter Mahan, Paula Creamer and other PGA and LPGA Tour players.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service