Daniel Augustus determined to overcome difficult time
Daniel Augustus has vowed to rediscover his form after a disappointing display on the Moonlight Tour at the Eagle Dunes Golf Course in Sorrento, Florida.
The Bermudian professional endured mixed fortunes over the two-day tournament, carding a one-under par 71 on the opening round before following up with a one-over par 73 in the final round. That was good enough for 19th place, 14 shots adrift of Canada’s Daniel Core, who sealed a two-shot victory from Thomas Longbella.
The latest result follows on from an underwhelming performance at the APGA Farmer’s Insurance Invitational at Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego, California, in which Augustus finished in a two-way tie for ninth among the 18-strong field last month.
Despite that a dip in form, the 35-year-old believes his overriding sense of disappointment goes only to show how far his game has progressed in recent times.
“I didn’t play well overall. The first round I birdied the first hole and then made 17 straight pars, but that’s golf,” said Augustus, who had enjoyed some strong form at the end of last year with top-three finishes places on the Moonlight Tour and in the Farmers Insurance Fall Series finale.
“I’m in a little bit of funk at the moment but I will start to play better again. My bad days are better then they’ve ever been. I’m shooting well even on off days now and that says a lot about how far I’ve come.
“I have just got to ride this out and continue to improve and the good scores will come again. I’m confident it is only a matter of time. I will continue to work hard and stick to the process and I’m sure the better results will come in the end.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service