Scott Roy and Jevon Roberts out for more Moongate success
Scott Roy and Jevon Roberts will be keen to pick up where they left off at Port Royal Golf Course in the second medal event of the 2023 Moongate Tour Championship on friday.
The pair shot identical rounds of 78 to finish tied for first at last month’s season-opener with amateur Roberts among the first group to tee off and the clubhouse leader until professional Roy matched his score in the penultimate group.
The triumphs were firsts for both players, who are rightly high on confidence going into the championship’s second 18-hole medal event.
“That win sparked a little bit of fire in me and I played really well the week after that in a Bermuda Golf Association event, which I won as well,” Roy said.
“I have been playing really well the last few times I have been out. I have got the drive again and there’s a little bit more excitement this year that I probably have not had in the last three years, so I am excited to get back out and play.”
With blustery conditions forecast for the round on Friday, the 42-year-old believes a challenging weather outlook can work to his advantage.
“It looks like the wind is going to be up again so I guess that will play in my favour after the last event, and we will see how it goes,” he said.
“I tend to play really well in adverse conditions buy I don’t know why or how that is. Perhaps I tend to be a little more focused and patient, which has proven to help me.”
Roberts, 41, will be looking to match his exploits going into this tournament and is hopeful of another good performance.
“It’s always good to have a good bit of confidence to draw from previous events,” he said. “I am excited to play in another Moongate event and hoping to have another good round to put myself in the mix.
“I have been able to get some good practice in over the last four weeks and we will see what golf game shows up.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service