Chaka DeSilva claims second Moongate Tour title
Chaka DeSilva captured a second win on the Moongate Tour in trying conditions at a windswept Port Royal Golf Course today.
The professional and Tour co-founder shot a superb one-over 72 in strong gales to finish three shots clear of nearest rivals Nick Jones and Dwayne Pearman, who finished tied for second at four over to round off the podium.
“I had a good day in the wind,” said DeSilva, whose round included two birdies and three bogeys. “Port Royal played extremely tough and I was pleasantly surprised with my golf game and being able to control it in testy conditions.
“I did not put myself under too much pressure. I kept the ball in front of me and I have to say it was a good day for me.”
Fellow professional Jones led by two shots with five holes left to play which he relinquished after carding a double bogey at the par-3, 16th.
Experienced professional Pearman was also in the thick of the hunt for honours a shot off the lead through No 12 but fell off the pace after carding two bogeys coming in to finish joint second.
Professional Scott Roy (77) finished alone in fourth followed by amateur Joe Roberts (79) and professional Chris Smith (79) tied for fifth.
Chaka DeSilva 72
Nick Jones 75
Dwayne Pearman 75
Scott Roy 77
Joe Roberts (a) 79
Chris Smith 79
Bently Gibbons (a) 83
Gordon Cox (a) 84
Alexander Capitillo 87
Andrew Trott-Francis 88
Twilly Smith 89
Mylan Simons (a) 100
Mackih McGowan (a) 104
Kyle Lightbourne (a) NC.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service