Salute to Service honour for Sir John Swan
Former Premier Sir John Swan is being honoured at Bermuda Health Foundation’s 10th annual Salute to Service Award Luncheon at the Fairmont Hamilton.
His leadership negotiating the United States/Bermuda Reinsurance Treaty during his 13-year stint as Premier is being heralded by organisers of the event.
Bermuda Health Foundation was founded ten years ago by former Premier Ewart Brown and his brothers, Philip Butterfield and Vincent Hollinsid, to honour Bermudians providing outstanding public service.
It provides scholarships for Bermudian students aspiring to careers in the medical field.
In addition to the luncheon, the group will raise funds at a golf tournament on Saturday, June 23, at Port Royal Golf Course.
Tickets for the luncheon, priced $150 each, are available from LaVerne Furbert on 335-8232 or lavernef[AT]northrock.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service