Covid-19: Active cases jump to 47 as five new cases found
Bermuda logged five new coronavirus cases yesterday out of 682 test results for the illness, bringing the number of active cases to 47.
There are nine cases under investigation, a spokeswoman for the Ministry of Health said.
Two of the cases, both asymptomatic residents, came in from overseas.
They arrived on the November 17 Delta flight from Atlanta, and showed positive on their day 14 test.
Both were under quarantine as they were found to be close fight contacts with other confirmed cases.
Two other new cases, also residents, were said to be close contacts of known cases, both asymptomatic.
One of the new cases, a resident showing symptoms, is under investigation, as they had no identified links to travel or other cases or clusters on the island.
The latest infections brought Bermuda’s total confirmed cases to 272.
A total of 46 of the active cases are being monitored by health officials and one is in hospital, but not in intensive care.
A total of 216 people have recovered and the death toll remains at nine.
The average age of positive cases is 51, with an age range of 0 to 101.
The average age of fatalities is 74, with an age range from 57 to 91.
A total of 126 cases were said to have come in from overseas.
There are 116 cases classed as on-island transmission with a known source.
Twenty-one cases are on-island transmission with an unknown source.
But the spokeswoman said transmission categories could change as a result of the investigations.
The seven-day average of the real time reproduction number is greater than 1, at 1.13, and the island’s country status is at “clusters of cases”.
The ministry advised anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 to contact their doctor and not to self-diagnose.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service