Covid-19: two deaths, nearly 500 new coronavirus cases
The death toll from the coronavirus rose to 114 last night after health officials announced two more deaths.
There are now 16 infected people in hospital, with three of them in intensive care.
The latest test figures showed 496 new infections out of 7,344 results that came back to health officials since the last update.
The total number of cases over the pandemic has been pushed past the 10,000 mark at 10,262 – the equivalent of 15 per cent of Bermuda’s population.
The island has 1719 active cases as Covid-19 cases continued to fall after the island’s fifth major outbreak of the virus peaked at 1,953 on January 17.
The number of active cases dropped to 1,886 active cases last Thursday – when there were 14 people in hospital, two of them in intensive care.
There have been 661 recoveries since the last update.
The new cases were found in test results received carried out from last Wednesday to Saturday.
Last Thursday marked the highest positivity rate for the coronavirus, at 8.1 per cent.
Kim Wilson, the health minister, offered “heartfelt condolences” to the families of the latest victims.
A total of 40 of the new cases came in from overseas and 125 were classed as on-island transmissions and the sources of 331 cases is under investigation.
Age distributions for cases and overall transmission categories can be found here on the Government website.
The seven-day average of the island’s real-time reproduction number is 0.69.
For more details on Covid, see Covid In-Depth here
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service