Art group to help women deal with grief launched
Women dealing with grief will be offered support from an art therapy group.
Finding Solace was organised by Rhea Gibbons with the Women’s Resource Centre.
A spokeswoman explained that the art therapy group would give “support for women as they navigate situations of grief and loss“.
She added: “This group aims to provide women with different avenues through which they can communicate and express these feelings in a safe space.
“Though grief is a universal experience, culturally we have the tendency to gloss over the grief process, treating it as though it should be linear, with an expiry date.
Ms Gibbons is an art therapist who works at CAF Bermuda, which offers mental health and wellbeing services.
The spokeswoman added: “The flexible nature of art therapy favours diverse interventions that can be tailored to different contexts.
“Art therapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses art making as its primary means of expression and communication.
“It looks at art making in a more global sense, where emphasis is placed on the creative process.
“No prior knowledge of how to manipulate materials is necessary.”
The sessions will run from 6pm to 7.30pm at Suite B, 91 Reid Street from tonight until June 30.
* For more information or to sign up, e-mail email@example.com or call 295-3882.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service