Home care agencies urged to re-register with health council
All home care agencies on the island are being reminded to re-register with the Bermuda Health Council by March 31.
Any service that does register with BHeC will not be reimbursed for FutureCare and Health Insurance Plan claims.
A BHeC spokeswoman said: “Home care agencies are an essential component of the healthcare industry, providing vital services to individuals who require assistance with daily living activities.
“BHeC recognises the importance of these services and is committed to ensuring that they are provided in a safe, effective and compassionate manner.”
A completed re-registration form, containing information about the agency’s services, ownership, management and staffing, must be submitted to the council.
BHeC programme manager Ja-Mae Smith said: “In order to work more closely with our stakeholders and make the process more efficient, the registration process has been enhanced to provide ease of uploading requested information.
“Please be advised reviews may take up to two weeks, so please complete the application process as soon as possible.”
Anyone with questions can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 292 6420.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service