Patrón Spirits’ Wilson retires
Dave Wilson, global president and chief operating officer of Patrón Spirits International and The Patrón Spirits Company, retires on Monday, a year after the merger with Bermudian-based Bacardí Ltd.
Pete Carr, president, Bacardí North America, will take over from him, leading both Bacardí and Patrón for North America. Mr Wilson will continue as a senior advisor to Patrón.
A Bacardí spokesman said the company was now well into a successful integration of Patrón, which joins a portfolio that includes Bacardí rum, Grey Goose vodka, Bombay Sapphire gin, Dewar's Blended Scotch whisky and Martini vermouth and sparkling wine.
“During his tremendously successful 40-year career, Dave has made an everlasting imprint in the spirits industry driving pioneering marketing, world-class operations, and innovative environmental programmes,” Mahesh Madhavan, CEO of Bacardí, said.
“On behalf of Bacardí and our newest colleagues from Patrón, I thank Dave for his contributions to the industry and for supporting the union of two incredible organisations that are Bacardí and Patrón.”
As part of the new structure, Darren Doalson, senior vice-president of US sales for Patrón Spirits, now reports to Mr Carr. David Rodriguez, director general of Patrón Sprits manufacturing operations in Mexico, reports to Jean-Marc Lambert, vice-president of global operations for Bacardí.
Lee Applbaum will continue to manage US and global marketing for Patrón Tequila and Grey Goose vodka, reporting to Mr Madhavan. Other functions which formerly reported to Mr Wilson at Patrón have already successfully integrated into the Bacardí organisation.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service