Abic appoints new directors
Cyril Whitter has become the first honorary board member of the Association of Bermuda International Companies (Abic).
His appointment was among seven made by Abic to its board of directors, including two past recipients of the organisation’s education awards.
The new slate of directors was confirmed at the organisation’s annual meeting, which was held virtually.
Mr Whitter, president and CEO of Independent Management Limited, rejoins the board and will continue the work he has done leading Abic’s communications on the value of international business and the careers the sector offers, the organisation said.
Others appointed to the board are:
• Louise Twiss West, the head of wholesale banking at HSBC Bermuda.
• Chantal Cardinez, the CEO of Hannover Re (Bermuda) Ltd, a dual licence Class 4 and Class E reinsurer.
• Philip Vandoninck, the CEO of Fidelis’ Bermuda office, as well as the CEO of Socium, Fidelis’s third-party capital arm.
• Robert Moncrieff, the global insurance international and transactions tax services leader for EY and the economic substance and base erosion and profit shifting leader for the BBC region of Bermuda, the Bahamas, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands.
• Dominique Richardson, a senior underwriter in the financial lines team at Markel Bermuda Ltd, and a former Abic scholarship recipient.
• Travis Trott, the finance manager at Athene Life Re Bermuda, and a past Abic education awards recipient.
Stepping down from the board are Cora McLaren, of HSBC; Thomas Olunloyo, of Legal & General; Vivienne Moniz, of AXA XL; and David Brown, of EY.