Golar LNG recognised by CFI
Bermudian-based Golar LNG Limited has won the Best Energy Business Strategy, North America 2021 Award from Capital Finance International, the print and online platform that reports on global business, economics and finance.
Golar LNG is the owner of tankers that haul liquefied natural gas.
In its citation for the award, CFI highlighted Golar’s commitment to repurposing existing assets and using those assets to produce and regasify cleaner burning LNG, facilitating a quicker transition away from higher-polluting fossil fuels.
Also cited was Golar’s commitment to innovation in the field of energy efficiency and evaluation of new technology and alternatives that could further reduce the carbon footprint of LNG.
Commenting on the award, chief executive officer Karl-Fredrik Staubo said: “Golar has a history of being an LNG market entrepreneur at the forefront of some of the key technology advances in the LNG industry, including first mover into FSRUs and FLNGs.
“Repurposing of assets and innovation focused on energy efficiency makes financial sense for both Golar and its customers and reduces the environmental footprint of LNG.
“We are very grateful to be recognised by CFI for our longstanding efforts in contributing to strengthen LNG’s relative competitiveness in the global energy market.”
Golar LNG is one of the world's most innovative and experienced independent owners and operators of marine LNG infrastructure.
The company developed the world's first Floating LNG liquefaction terminal (FLNG) and Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) projects based on the conversion of existing LNG carriers.
CFI said its main mandate was to spark conversations around business transformation, technology and innovation and their annual awards had recognised companies such as Microsoft, Credit Suisse, Fitch, PwC, Emirates, and Amazon for their work and the impact they had made in their sectors.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service