Ocean Wilsons’ change at the top
Caroline Foulger has been named as the chairwoman of Ocean Wilsons Holdings Limited, it was announced today.
Ocean Wilsons Holdings is an investment company based in Bermuda. Through its subsidiary it operates a maritime services company in Brazil.
Company chairman Jose Francisco Gouvêa Vieira will retire as non-executive chairman and step down as a director at the completion of his term at the annual general meeting on May 26.
Mr Gouvêa Vieira will continue to serve as a director on the subsidiary board of Wilson Sons Holdings Brasil S.A.
The board said that Caroline Foulger is the chair designate and will be appointed with effect from the conclusion of the annual general meeting.
Her appointment follows an internal candidate assessment undertaken by the nomination committee and approved by the board.
She has served as an independent non-executive director of the company since 2020.
A retired partner of PwC Bermuda, Ms Foulger is a non-executive director of Hiscox Ltd. and chairwoman of Oakley Capital Investments Limited.
Ocean Wilsons Holdings Limited is listed on both the Bermuda Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange and has two principal subsidiaries: Wilson Sons Holdings Brasil S.A. and Ocean Wilsons Investments Limited.
Ocean Wilsons holds a 58.16 per cent interest in Wilson Sons Holdings Brasil S.A., which is an autonomous company listed on the São Paulo Stock Exchange.
It is one of the largest providers of maritime services in Brazil. Company activities include harbour and ocean towage, container terminal operation, offshore support services, logistics, small vessel construction and ship agency.
Wilson Sons has more than 4,000 employees and operates in nearly 30 locations throughout Brazil.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service