New COO as cancer fighter moves towards clinical trials
Beyond Cancer Ltd, an exempted company registered in Bermuda, has appointed Gavin Choy as chief operating officer.
Beyond Cancer, an affiliate of Beyond Air Inc, is a development-stage biopharmaceutical and medical device company utilising ultra-high concentration nitric oxide via a proprietary delivery platform to treat primary tumours and prevent metastatic disease
The company said that Mr Choy had more than 20 years of expertise in the development of small molecules as well as immunotherapy in oncology with the successful management of multiple early first-in-human studies in the US and Australia/New Zealand, and late-stage registrational clinical studies globally, as well as early access, and compassionate use programmes.
“Gavin’s extensive experience facilitating new drug products through the clinical trial process is a welcomed addition to the talented team at Beyond Cancer,” said Selena Chaisson, chief executive officer.
“Gavin will be instrumental in our efforts to begin clinical trials in the US and successfully develop UNO as a therapeutic option for patients with solid tumours.”
Dr Choy said: “I am thrilled to partner with the talented and innovative Beyond Cancer team to advance UNO into additional clinical studies.
“Harnessing ultra-high concentration nitric oxide to engage the immune system with the aim of preventing metastatic disease and relapse across a variety of solid tumours can be a potentially viable treatment option added to the existing armamentarium of therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumours.”
Dr Choy most recently served as chief clinical development officer at GT Biopharma where he wrote an orphan drug application submission, co-authored an abbreviated clinical study report, and implemented their quality system.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service