Clean up St George's
September 11, 2011
Is anybody reporting on the UK travel agents' visit to the Island this weekend?
Ten agents arrived on BA Friday September 9, 2011 and checked in at Hamilton Princess, Happy Hour and dinner at Mid Ocean Club.
Saturday included visits to Rosedon Hotel, ferry to Dockyard, lunch at either Frog & Onion or Bonefish Commissioner's House, Dolphin Quest.
Sunday: check-in at Cambridge Beaches, Boston Whaler boat trip, dinner at Mangrove Bay Terrace.
Monday: Pompano, lighthouse, Southampton Princess, Horseshoe Bay, lunch at The Reefs. Check-in at Elbow Beach.
Tuesday: visit Coco Reef Botanical Gardens, lunch at Newstead, dinner at Waterlot.
Wednesday: St George's, Tucker's Point, lunch at Beach Club, tea and site visit to Grotto Bay. Departs 6pm.
With a display of the 'dipping' in St George's Square due to take place this Wednesday at 9.30am (will the necessary townsfolk be awake by then and duly kitted out?) one hopes that by that time the Corporation will have arranged for the trash bins to have been emptied, all trash and rubble removed from the town and parish areas, the roads, byways paved and the sidewalks and walls repaired and appropriately painted, the shops that closed — reopened — just for a good impression, the drunks and other unsavoury characters confined, the trees, shrubs and bushes trimmed neatly throughout the Olde Towne and an overall infrastructure make-over. Once completed, with hopefully the assistance of the World Heritage Site executives and supporters, the travel agents should be invited to return and the Park Hyatt management team could then acknowledge they were responsible for the restoration of the Towne and commence their construction of the planned hotel complex. Not until all these tasks are in order should the planned hotel complex construction begin.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service