March 22, 2012
I have trouble listening to our Premier speaking vague nonsense and expecting everyone to just agree with her. Her latest is that our $1.4 billion crippling debt is okay because the Progressive Labour Party Government has made continuous and badly needed investment in Bermuda. Well, let’s just examine what we have got for that money and how it will help us in our future:
No new hotels built or even started; a second senior school that is just overkill; a courthouse that is too small and doesn’t accommodate our Supreme Court; a new police station that is too small for our needs and required additional rental space from the get go; that new building will be expensive to maintain; empty south shore apartments built and no hope of a hotel; no new Causeway; a lousy Morgan’s Point exchange and requirement to still pay for the clean up; a hospital deal that is too over the top for us to afford; roads that look like a patchwork quilt; broken ferry boats and bus scheduling that is embarrassing and killing our tourism reputation; a bunch of nice cars that we don’t need; and on and on.
A vote for the PLP is a guarantee that we will get five more years of decline and empty promises. We can’t afford that! Bermuda needs a change and now! It is time to support the OBA.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service