I was a member of the PLP too
April 10, 2013
While I appreciate your interest in some of my letters to the editor and on occasion produce an article as result, I notice that you refer to my past association with the NLP of which I was a member for only two years. I feel that if my past political affiliation is to be noted, then please also add that I was a member of the PLP of which I was affiliated with through most of my 20s.
I ran as a Parliamentary candidate for the PLP in Pembroke West Central during the elections of 1994 and 1989. I was also the Aide to the former Opposition Leader of the PLP, the Hon L Frederick Wade, and did not leave this party until around 1991.
I am proud to be a past member of the PLP because in those days and up until the first couple of years that they became Government of the day, they stood for justice and a had vision that would better the lives of Bermudians.
I made innumerable friends through my connections with the PLP and had the honour of being led by legends L Frederick Wade, Lois Browne-Evans, Walter Robinson, Reginald Burrows, Eugene Cox and Ottiwell Simmons.
A new generation now leads the PLP and I hope that they find their way back to the right road. I am ecstatic that the UBP is dead. I also have renewed hope with the OBA being formed.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service