Some vehicle lights are too much
June 9, 2013
I arrived home this evening after a lovely dinner at the home of family, however, the drive up there and the drive home were anything but relaxing. On the way up there, a car was behind me in broad daylight with orange headlights, on.
Coming home was the usual nightmare. When I got into my house, it was a good ten minutes before I could see properly out of my right eye because of all the high beams that oncoming drivers failed to lower. So; a few points for the drivers I encountered this evening:
- High beams? Seriously? Our roads are lit sufficiently that these are completely unnecessary. These aren’t backwoods roads in Vermont...and the roads I took this evening are all well lit.
- Headlights and fog lights? Good grief.
- High beams and fog lights?
- Bike traveling behind me (close to my rear bumper) that sounded like a lawn mower. Dude, your bike is too loud....how did it pass TCD? I had to close my car windows to drown out at least part of the sound of your bike...didn’t really help...and I enjoy fresh air.
- Lights under the body of the car. Isn’t that illegal? It’s certainly stupid. Yeah, I said it....stupid.
- A bike with what looked like a blue headlight...really dumb.
Thank you for allowing me to vent, I doubt it will do any good, as I figure the folks doing this are of the mentality that they’re the only people on the road and common sense and the law don’t apply to them.
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY