Passing the time in this Covid present
Well, it ain't over til it's over! We're going to have to live with restrictions for a while yet. It is what it is, so there's no choice but to obey the laws of Covid.
Let's take golf, for instance. Unless you play with a member of your household, you have to play one person to a tee time. So you're all alone out there.
If you have a bad shot, no one will know. If you want to give yourself a mulligan, go ahead! You can have a “gimme” putt on every hole if you want.
The downside is that if you have a hole-in-one, no one will witness it. Bummer!
Now for some domestic excitement.
Grocery shopping has become a whole new experience. You parade to your car, shopping bags in hand, relishing in the knowledge that you can go today but your neighbour can't go until tomorrow.
Taking out the garbage brings new athletic opportunities. You can throw it into the bin with an underhand shot, overhand, or a curve ball. If you get it in from a good distance, give yourself three points!
Let's do what we have to and the time will pass. We'll get back to more normal days for sure. Does anyone remember what normal is?
Stay well everyone and get vaccinated.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service