So grateful for standard of care at KEMH
I was recently released from the hospital after a severe bike accident. In the accident, I received broken ribs, facial fractures, lung contusions and a slight head concussion.
The treatment I received was exemplary. From the persons in the public who came to my aid, to the EMTs, to the Emergency Room, to the staff on the fifth floor, I received the best care.
I don’t remember the EMTs from the Emergency Room, but I wish to give my deepest thanks.
When I was on the fifth floor, the staff there were great. Starting with Dr Hamilton, Dr Gilchrist and Dr Vestweber. Next were nurses Nadine, Tamara, Kennedy, Phaedra, Lynette, Amanda and Mirela.
They were all outstanding and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
My true angel is the nurse’s assistant named Paulette Anderson. She went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was OK.
This was not just for me. I watched her work hard every day, never stopping until she had to. I don’t know what you pay her, but she earns every penny and probably deserves more.
Overall, I received outstanding care at King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, and for that I thank you all.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service