My Woman of the Year
International Women’s Day was last week and I would like to send the following words of appreciation to a woman who has worked for her fellow Bermudians.
Mrs Fern Wade, you are truly a woman who belongs to the noble class, with a high social and political status. Only a courageous woman can make such a public statement as you have for the entire island of Bermuda.
You are definitely one of a kind. I just want to say thank you and express gratitude to all who supported you in your campaign in highlighting the island-wide crisis of food and other essentials being sold at exorbitant prices.
The campaigns you organised at various grocery stores highlighted the struggle we face at this time, with the cost of living spiralling out of control. It is my prayer that all grocers took note of your campaign and will make every effort to establish practices that would bring some control over the pricing issue, which is a challenge to the entire island.
We have been all taken advantage of in such a divisive time of intense difficulties, danger and loss, and this loss has hit many families in Bermuda.
Thank you on behalf of all who appreciate your efforts to change the out-of-control cost of living that has impacted us. I will continue to pray for the critics and for those who could have helped in making our load lighter but didn’t.
Many blessing to both you, Mrs Wade, and your husband for such a courageous movement. Thanks for letting your light shine.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service